- In compute node, run `virsh capabilities`, you can see the capability of that node.
- `virsh dumpxml instance-id`
- Describe the vm
- Soft reboot
- It relies completely on the guest OS and ACPI passed through QEMU
- Hard reboot
- Just make it work.
- It resolves most issue
- It is at the hypervisor and Nova level
- It makes zero assumptions about the state of the hypervisor
- Notable effort has been placed to make internal operations idempotent, and call them here.
- Destroy the domain
- Equivalent of `virsh destroy`
- Does not destroy data, only the QEMU process
- Effectively a `kill -9` of the QEMU process
- Re-establish any and all volume connections.
- Regenerate the Libvirt XML
- Check for and re-download any missing backing files (instance_dir/_base)
- Plug VIFs (re-create bridges, VLAN interfaces, etc.)
- Regenerate and apply iptables rules